What We Can All Do for Fire Safety
Follow the Guidelines
We should all follow the guidelines found in this brochure. In most cases these guidelines are part of the Uniform Fire Code. These codes are law.
These codes are intended to help prevent fires from starting and protect your home in the event of a fire. It is very important to understand that by following these codes you give the firefighter a better chance of saving your home.
The Fire Department has put together this brochure so that you can greatly increase the chance of your home surviving a major fire.
Other Fire Safety Tips for You and Your Family
- Install and maintain smoke detectors.
- Install a chimney spark arrestor to prevent roof fires.
- Practice a home fire escape plan.
- Keep lighters and matches out of the reach of children.
- Don't use fireworks. They are illegal in the areas served by the San Carlos Fire Department.
- Be fire smart, practice fire safety.