Climate Action Plan - Adopted
San Carlos Climate Action Plan
On October 12, 2009, the City Council adopted the City's first Climate Action Plan (CAP). The City of San Carlos took a proactive approach by developing a Climate Action Plan in parallel with the 2030 General Plan. The CAP is linked to the 2030 General Plan by a set of principles and this unique approach was recently recognized by the local chapter of the American Planning Association through an Innovation in Green Community Planning Award.
23 Measures in the Plan
The CAP identifies and analyzes 23 measures that will enable San Carlos to attain its reduction goal in the areas of energy use, transportation and land use, and solid waste reduction between now and 2030. Also included in this Plan is a section on potential adaptation strategies that may be necessary as the climate changes and sea levels rise.
Additionally, the CAP includes a discussion of the outcomes of adopted reduction efforts and how these efforts are intended to be implemented, including the timing and phasing of the measures. These measures will enable San Carlos to achieve its greenhouse gas emission reduction targets of a 15% reduction by 2020 and a 35% reduction by 2035, compared to 2005 levels.
Read The Climate Action Plan
We've provided a copy of the entire Climate Action Plan on the City Web Site. Click on the links below to review and read the City's Climate Action Plan.
- Climate Action Plan - Cover (131kB PDF,)
- Climate Action Plan - Climate Action Plan Body (2.58MB PDF,)
- Appendix A - Initial Cost Calculations (250kB PDF,)
- Appendix B - GHG Reductions Analysis (205kB PDF,)
- Appendix C - Baseline GHG Inventory (938kB PDF,)
- Appendix D - Reduction Measure Selection Process (221kB PDF,)
- Appendix E - Cover Sheet (23kB PDF,)
- Appendix E - Green House Gas Emissions Report (3.4MB PDF,)
- Adopted Resolution 2009-080 with Exhibit (170.3kB PDF,)
- Climate Action Plan - Executive Summary only (465.2kB pdf, )