THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. THE FILING DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
The City of San Carlos is studying the size and form of single-family homes.
Would you like to:
• Learn how new houses get approved
• Help visualize new regulations
• Share your ideas and experiences
• Review pictures and graphics
• Be part of the conversation
• Work with professional designers and City Planners
We are looking for:
• Property owners in single-family neighborhoods
• A Builder, an Architect, and residential Realtor that work regularly in the community
Can you commit to weekday evening meetings?
We expect to hold about 5 meetings lasting approximately 2 hours each.
The Appointment Process:Application Review:
|*** I M P O R T A N T *** |
All applicants are required to attend a meeting with the City Manager
on Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 4 to 5 pm.
Applicants selected for an interview must be available between
5 – 8:30 pm on Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
Applications will be rated based on the following factors:
1. San Carlos resident.
2. Ability to attend all HSAC meetings. Meetings are anticipated to occur in the evenings on the following days of the week: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
3. Owner-Occupied for residential.
4. Has previously expressed interest in the City’s house size study.
5. Has experience working with the City’s RS-6 development standards.
6. Has experience building/developing single-family housing in San Carlos.
7. Has experience serving on a committee, whether public or private (e.g. civic, school, PTA, other). Composition:
The ad hoc advisory committee will contain seven (7) members comprised as follows:
1. Property Owner within the RS-6 Zoning District (4 members)
2. Local Builder/Developer (1 member)
3. Local Architect/Designer (1 member)
4. Local Residential Realtor (1 member) Expectations:
Applicants must be able to attend all meetings, which are expected to occur on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursday evenings.
The criteria above will be used to rank and prioritize applications should the City receive a large volume of applications. If an application does not meet the criteria above, it is not grounds for disqualification. The City Council may select alternates to serve on the committee. Interviews:
City Council will interview candidates at a public meeting. Interviews may be conducted in a group setting or with individual candidates. To be considered for appointment, applicants will be required to attend a pre-meeting and the interview, which are scheduled for:
City Manager led meeting: Thursday, March 2, 2017 4-5 p.m.
City Council interviews: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5-8:30 p.m.
For a hardcopy application, please call (650) 802-4263 or email the Planning Division at PlanningDivision@cityofsancarlos.org. Hand delivered or mailed applications must be submitted to City Clerk Crystal Mui, 600 Elm Street, San Carlos and received by 5 pm February 28, 2017. VOLUNTEER IN YOUR COMMUNITY - Click here to view openings on City of San Carlos Boards and Commissions.